InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with 2004 Acura TL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tejesh83

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this?

Jbors, I had contacted you before for a similar issue. I bought the car2pc adapter for my 2005 NAVI Acura TL, but it did not work. Specifically, the adapter kept on sending a ST command to the computer and would cause thethe radio to crash/hang completely when pressing any buttons. I sent you some logs but ended up sending the unit back.

I'm in the market again for an adapter, so if you've resolved this issue, I'm willing to try it again. Perhaps I can get a 2nd chance (or beta) discount Wink Either way, I'm anxious to hear your status with NAVI compatibility.

Thanks
-TJ
trashcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some further testing today. Here's the work around that will work 100% but it involved unplug the car2pc unit and plug it back in.

- leave the car2pc unit unplugded, both the USB connection and the HU connection need to be disconnected. Otherwise, it will not allow you to switch to CD-C.
- Turn on your car, switch your radio to AM/FM and keep it there. Then turn off your car.
- Turn on your car again, wait at least 10-15 seconds then plug the HU connector cable to the car2pc unit.
- Press CD/Tape button and you should see CD-C on your screen.
- Plug in the USB connector cable.

I also found out that if I keep the USB connector cable plugged while doing the above trick, the HU won't allow you to switch to CD-C.

It's been over two weeks since I sent the schematics, any updates yet?

Thanks
tejesh83

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it sounds like you and I were having different issues. Does your adapter work correctly once in CDC mode?

I was able to get the adapter into CDC mode, well at least once or twice, but it would not work correctly even when in this mode. The audio input worked, but the commands did not.

As soon as I plugged in the usb cable, winamp or windows media player would stop playing music. When looking at the grom logs, the adapter kept sending the stop command repeatedly even though I was pressing nothing on the headunit.

When I did press any buttons on the head unit or steering wheel, the radio/headunit would become very slow to respond and sometimes crash completely. I couldn't even switch back out of CDC mode or change the volume. I would have to turn off the car so that the headunit could reset. But once reset, the headunit would no longer detect the CDC unless I did something similar to the steps you described above.

Trashcan, in your testing, are you able to actually use the headunit buttons to control winamp?

Jbors, are you addressing both issues, commands not working/crashing headunit and CDC detection with what you're working on now?
trashcan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the issues you are having. After I get it to work in CD-C, I was able to use the steering control (CH+, CH1) to change tracks, the Repat button also worked. But I only tested under Windows Media Player..haven't test it with Winamp yet. One interesting point is that when I leave the HU in CD-C and turn off the car, the next time I turn on my car again, CD-C will stay there, I can get sound from the computer but the HU buttons won't able to control the songs anymore. I checked in with the Gom console and it shows no car2pc unit detected. I have to unplug the USB connector and plug it back, then the HU buttons will work again. I am not too worried on using the HU buttons becuase I can control it usinig the touch screen but just want a unit that will work trouble free without having to unplug it and plug it back in order to switch to CD-C. I really hope they can iron out these issues soon.
trashcan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates yet?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to receive Acura Nav next week and will work out the issue
trashcan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news yet?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works with NAV now but there is still some things to work out such as update info on the NAV screen.
trashcan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I try the new firmware? I don't care about the nav screen info update as long as I can swtich to CD-C with no problems.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you send request to support _ indashpc _ org ?
trashcan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
Did you send request to support _ indashpc _ org ?

Support don't return emails Smile What do I need to do to have them return my email? do I need to include a copy of the invoice?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do. They will send you shipment details once shipped. Usually in 1 biz day.
trashcan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the new chip yesterday. Installed it today and I was able to switch to CD-C without any issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: