InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VirtuDash - DIY a virtual dashboard for your car for free

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanleyhuang

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: VirtuDash - DIY a virtual dashboard for your car for free Reply with quote

I started developing VirtuDash on my previous VW POLO and current VW Scirocco 1.4TSI. Most of OBD-II supported vehicle data can be pulled out. The type of data to be shown and the way they are shown are fully configurable through a single XML file together with a bunch of image files. Itís a bit like a skin system with additional data define (PID value) for each element. The dashboard can look very fancy with a good graphic design. I have tested it on many types of cars and most of them worked.

Features

• Reading out vehicle data through OBD-II port (with a ELM327 compatible USB or Bluetooth OBD-II adapter)
  • Supporting all common OBD-II PIDs
  • XML-defined dashboard data source (type of PIDs) and layout (gauge, bar, digits etc.)
  • Supporting third-party data input by writing a console program
  • HUD mode (mirrored display for projection)

Download and more info
The download package contains two executables. The vdash.exe is the main app which is based on SDL (the framework used to write games). The vcon.exe is a console program which polls data from OBD-II port and feed the data to the main app. The main app renders the data in graphics with the fed data.

I cannot post any link yet so if you have interest please google for "virtudash".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: