InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOWTO: Make PyCar working on non EPIA platform

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: HOWTO: Make PyCar working on non EPIA platform Reply with quote

This HOWTO was provided by kbyrd. Thanks a lot for that:
Here is the original link:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=586331&postcount=1

kbyrd wrote:

--- START INSTALL DOCUMENT HERE ----
I'm starting with Debian testing on a VIA M10000. It's pretty stock (and fat right now). I do have the updated X with the opensource unichrome driver from http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaweh/

- I installed the python and python-dev debian virtual packages (it's python 2.3).

- There are several *-dev package dependencies that pygame and pymedia need. In debian (and probably redhat/fedora), the header files for compiling against come in different packages than the libs themselves. [NOTE: need details on which packages!]

- I downloaded pygame-1.6.2 sources from the pygame website. jbors has a patch of pygame-1.6, but I think this patch is already in pygame-1.6.2. I built pygame by running "python setup.py build; python setup.py install" from inside the untar'd directory. [NOTE: can someone confirm that with pygame-1.6.2 no patch is required?]

- I installed the libavcodec-dev debian package that contained some of the codecs pymedia wants. I didn't download lame, I downloaded and built faap2.

- I downloaded/untar'd pymedia from the pymedia site. cd into the directory. Run "python setup.py build" then "python setup.py install".

- I tested the pymedia by running "python", then typing "import pymedia" at the cmd prompt. No output (I guess this means no problems). Ctrl-D out of python prompt.

- I downloaded/untar'd pyRXP from http://www.reportlab.org/pyrxp.html. cd into the directory (it's actually the pyRXP subdir under the top level untar'd directory). Run "python setup.py build" then "python setup.py install".

- I downloaded/untar'd pycar from the pymedia site. I also downloaded the 1.2.3.0 zip file for Windows. After unzipping to a different directory, I copied the skins directory from the zip file on top of the empty skins directory in my untar'd directory. You can now get rid of the zip file and the unzipped directory. [NOTE: This should really be fixed in the tar distribution. jbors, want me to send you an updated tar?]

- cd into the untar'd pycar directory. Run "python pycar.py ." That's it!

--- END INSTALL DOCUMENT HERE ----
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: