InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues with GROM-USB2-VAG / Audi A4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Issues with GROM-USB2-VAG / Audi A4 Reply with quote

Hello,

Device: GROM-USB2-VAG with bluetooth
Car: 2008 Audi A4
Radio: Symphony (In-dash 6-CD MP3 changer) (Non-Bose)

I recently purchased GROM-USB2-VAG with Bluetooth dongle and I am really satisfied with sound quality of bluetooth A2DP, iPod & iPhone connectivity in Simple Mode (haven't had chance to test it with Advanced Mode)

But following are issues I found with the device:
    - I created a USB with two playlists and changed mode to USB and after sometime first song starts playing, but when I tried to change to next tract it was stuck and I am not able to do anything, not able to change mode. my phone connects to bluetooth but I am not to hear anything, from what I see in the forum it seems like this will be solved by reconnecting the main plug. I am waiting for my radio removal tools to come by mail to test it until then I am back to my normal disks.
    - My Car is playing normal disks when I ignition was turned off. And I enter my car next time while taking a call (my phone connects to bluetooth and audio is routed to GROM unit) but when I press the CD changer button nothing happens as if there are no CD changer connected to the unit.
    - While I am on call with bluetooth audio and decide to get out of the car and change the mode to phone from bluetooth and get out of the car, call gets disconnected.
    -I was not able to see TEXT display of song being played either from iPod or 1 song that was played from my USB

I recently ordered my device so I am not sure which firmware I have latest one on the website is v27 (didn't get chance to install it since it wont work until I reset it by disconnecting main plug)

Thanks,
Sambi
sambi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 7/26:

I received my radio removal keys and I tested few scenario's and following is what I observed:

- While playing through USB don't do anything (next track, previous track, FM/AM button or remove USB stick)
    - Do not trun on your car while USB is plugged in.

If I do any of the above things I have to remove the head-unit and reset the GROM unit.

It just feels like I got GROM-I3-VAG with a permium price of extra 30 bucks.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: