InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAR2PC in VW Touran 2003 not working properly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baziljo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: CAR2PC in VW Touran 2003 not working properly Reply with quote

Hi to all,

I'm new to the forum and have a problem with the CAR2PC I bought from CARTFT. I own a VW Touran 2003.
Here's my problem:

I connected everything as it should be and get a correct CD input on the stock radio. But when I start playing music on my iPod (I used iPod for testing purposes, but get exactly the same result with my other MP3 player or my notebook) I get about 1 second of playback and then silence. I tried pushing all the buttons on the radio and found that if I press the SCAN button, I get normal playback again. That is until I then press any other key, like NEXT TRACK. If I do that, the sound stops again until SCAN is pressed.

I ran a grom console on the device to see the commands and it seems that sound can be heard only if command SC1 is pressed, if I press "next track" it correctly displays the NT and then PL but the sound is out until I press the SCAN twice to see the "SC0" and "SC1" and then I hear the sound again. I am quite positive this is some firmware problem with this device.

I have returned the device as RMA to CARTFT and got a new one, but exactly the same problem remains..

I made a video showing the problem, but am not yet allowed to post the link. Will do in my next post. Smile

Any help would be much appreciated, this is getting very frustrrating now...

Regards
Grega
baziljo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone from Indash monitoring this forum?

I'd be really glad for some support with my product.

Thanks
Grega
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like compatibility issues in the Car2PC firmware.
I'm not sure if anything can be done to resolve that. We already discontinued that model so no further update is available.
Please contact: http://indashpc.org/new/support.html
So they can explain what other options exists.
Sorry for that
baziljo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jbors,

Wrote to the suggested email several times now, posted a video of the problem being shown and sent a pic of the car radio, but no reply....

C'mon I payed for the product and expect it to work. I don't think that is too much to ask.
An honest answer like "...it is not compatible with your car's stereo, return the product for a money refund..:" will do as well...at least it will be a reply and not a complete ignore....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: