InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summary of my TOY-V31 problems.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33 is a test build for fixes around Disk ^v buttons on some stereos. Nothing major.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Saw 35 is available for download now... it's been all this time and still nothing to fix the startup issues?

It seems to get better or worse depending either on the usb hardware used, or maybe even the folders on them, since it seems to be more prevalent on some of my usbs than others but it's hard to say.

At this point in time, it seems that my most problem free one is the Sandisk Cruzer Titanium 4GB stick. A Sony 16GB stick used to work better than others on previous firmwares but now seems to not be reliable any more.

Is there a particular brand/model/capacity that has been thoroughly tested that you guys can recommend?
winampdevil

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v33 or higher? where to find??
i'm still found v31....
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

winampdevil wrote:
v33 or higher? where to find??
i'm still found v31....

Just copy the download link and manually change the file name to 35 or up. It takes them a while to actually show it on the web page (they are considered test builds until then). Let us know how 35 or up works for you.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're revising the way startup works so next build will have more changes to address the issue some people having.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
We're revising the way startup works so next build will have more changes to address the issue some people having.

Good news! I'm glad to hear that we aren't being abandoned. The buggy startup is the only thing that keeps me from really enjoying and recommending the product.

When this is done, please post on this forum to let us know.
winampdevil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BinaryJay wrote:
Let us know how 35 or up works for you.

Just tested the v35 in a Toyota Avensis T25 with stereo W58832

- startup ok
- control-functions stable

still trouble with textdisplay:
- if discnumber is 10 or higher, discname will displayed; if it's lower then disc 10, car stereo crashes
- if i change the folder (disc), the discname will be the same (no update)

- trackname sometimes work (10 %, 90% stereo crashes), i found no scheme for a stable function,

- sometimes names arn't displayed (i can switch the display between disc/ttl-number and playtime and vice versa); no option for disc and tracktitle
Dutchie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

winampdevil wrote:
Just tested the v35 in a Toyota Avensis T25 with stereo W58832

- startup ok
- control-functions stable

Well, as I do not have text available in my 'old' 2002 GS300, this startup fix would already be great. I also tested several USB-drives but all had the same problem starting when cranking the car.
Gonna give this version 35 a try but how can I see flashing went OK? Which build should be shown in the Track-field? And when will this version be 'official'?
winampdevil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was build 51...
Dutchie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

winampdevil wrote:
I believe it was build 51...

You're sure? Right now it shows 51 and I still have version 31 in the flash
winampdevil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure... i'll check when i'm in my car.

EDIT:
Embarassed i believe, i've forgotten to rename the hex-file... maybe i've played with v31, but i've thought it's v35... Embarassed
i will check this later today
winampdevil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.... checked....

my 7-month-old-grom-usb-stick is broken during update the unit Evil or Very Mad
so it was still v31 / build 51.
i've flashed the v35 -> build is now 99

the behavior is now like a cd-player, going a title back jumps to the beginning of the track; it needs now 2 "clicks" to going a title back.
But this is ok.

some strange things:
-jump to next cd sometimes jump to the overnext cd
-tracknumber displays sometimes letters instead digits (for a short time, 0,5 seconds)
will check this tomorrow

text-behavior is like described above

greetz
frank
Dutchie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested version 33 (build 97). Not much difference to 31.

- No startup when cranking
- Some discs (folders) are skipped (no pattern)

Did a check on the USB-stick thru Windows. Now going to try version 35...
Using an 8G TDK-stick by the way.

EDIT 6/12:
Version 35: no difference to 33. Going back to 31 which at least does not skip folders.

BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh my troubles with this thing never seem to end.

I bought a new USB today, a nice fast Sandisk Extreme Contour 8gb. It completely grenaded the GROM unit. After trying to plug it in and GROM not succeeding in playing anything off of it, no other USBs will work any more.

My car is now apart (AGAIN) to try to fix this, but I'm having issues even after putting 31 back on with another drive that was working at least sometimes still no longer working and my display unit just flashes the track/disc info really fast forever.

I am at the end of my rope with this GROM unit... GUYS PLEASE FIX YOUR PRODUCT OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.

Now I'm even afraid to try different USB devices in fear that it will brick the stupid thing and make me rip my dash apart over and over.

I think I know what the bug was... well, you guys please tell me if this is what happens because I'd really like to use this new USB device I bought but I'm afraid to try it again.

What I did was copy all of the files and folders directly from the old USB stick that was previously playing in the car to the new USB stick -- so they had the exact same contents.

Is it possible that the grom software bugged out because they both had the same contents but were different drives -- something to do with the code that detects which drive you have to start where the last one left off? Is it possible it went nuts because of that? Both drives were Sandisk Cruzers, the old one was 4GB Titanium model and the new one 8GB Contour model.

After I formatted the old 4GB one and copied a different set of files on it, it then seems to play again in the car where before it would just go crazy flashing track/disk forever. I have a feeling if I copy a different set of files to the new 8GB Contour drive it will work BUT I *really* don't want to have to open my dash up yet again to disconnect the unit so it goes back to it's factory state.

I think it would be nice if there were some procedure to do this "hard reset" without actually unplugging the device -- a set of keystrokes or a special file to place on a USB stick would certainly be better for rescuing the unit from these fatal bugs.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just got reports that using NTFS formatted drives may do the harm to the unit. We will try to replicate the issue and will keep you posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: