InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Car2PC MAZ is EOL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Car2PC MAZ is EOL? Reply with quote

Hi,

I wondered why Car2PC does not mention the Mazda version anymore on there product pages? Is it obsolete?

I have a Mazda 6 2008 and a Car2PC MAZ (ordered last year from CarTFT).

Now I see that it only supports models until 2006 with a maximum firmware level.

The strange thing is that it works OK, apart from some strange behavior when pressing Previous Track.

Then I have a possible driver problem (not sure yet): the serial port is closed when Windows goes to sleep or hibernate mode.

Louk.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car2PC-MAZ is not EOL but it is not evolving anymore.
Previous track can be strange at times. There are some limitattion of the Mazda protocol.
Louk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation.

About the PT command: When you press the button when the time display is not 00'00", then the HU modifies it to 00'00", but no command is send from the Car2PC unit to the PC. When you press it twice (the second press while the display is still showing 00'00"), than the Car2PC sends 3 PT commands to the PC with a 2 second interval.

I wondered if the Car2PC device does any kind of intelligent things with the data received on the (slow) CAN-BUS, or does it just pass the CAN-BUS command to the PC (with some kind of translation, like binary to ASCII)?

Is this behavior specific to Mazda, or is it general to all brands?

Are there logs or traces available of the HU talking to a real CD charger?

Sorry for the load of questions, but I'm very eager to get this working without problems, because I'm writing the Car2PC plug-in for Centrafuse V3.0 / V3.1. I'm almost finished with the first release (accepting steering wheel and HU commands and updating the HU display with time, song title, album and artist.

Louk.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. This is the Mazda limitation. All commands received are passed to the serial port.
Louk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jbors,

Thanks for the answer, but after a long thought, I think that there must be something wrong here: If there was a real CD changer connected to this port, I would need to get any command letting it know that it should go back to the start of the song somehow.

My guess is that the HU is sending a TR000000 command to the CD changer to direct it to this position (you own documentation states that the TR and DS commands are IN/OUT).

But I never see these commands coming in.

Could it be possible that these commands are blocked or lost somehow during translation?

Louk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: