InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Car2PC-HON1 Troubleshooting tips needs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Car2PC-HON1 Troubleshooting tips needs Reply with quote

Hello, first time poster... Is this the correct location for troubleshooting help? please move if not.

I purchased a Car2PC-HON1 some time ago, but only last week got around to installing it into my 2003 Honda Accord. I have noticed 2 issues with the device, and was wondering if anyone had some pointers on how to correct.

1) Regarding the audio, I hear a pulsing crackle every now and then. It will come out of both L/R, but not at the same time. It seems to quickly pulse left, right, left, right, etc for a second or two then go away. I can also seem to create this noise by using my mouse on the computer that it is connected to. It does not seem to be related to engine noise for it can do this without the engine ON.

2) I am also having troubles getting the USB interface working. I found somewhere a debug program (grom_console_v1.4) and found that it can connect, but only buttons 5 & 6 (which control disc +/-) seem to return anything to the console.
What is also odd is that the console will scroll '<PL' once per line every second. If I were to hit '5' or '6' on the HU, the console would instead output '<PD' or '<ND' and then continue on entering '<PL' to every line.
Is this normal? How can I get the remaining buttons to work?
Is there a guide for using the console to properly debug?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: