InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lexus 2005 rx Grom usb freezing problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keracz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Lexus 2005 rx Grom usb freezing problem Reply with quote

Unit randomly freezes when start engine. I've try everything. Only thing works when turn off radio and reinserting usb stick and then turn radio on. (pain in the neck) I've got this unit for 3 weeks so came with latest firmware. I've contacted support, told me to wait for new firmware. I have 5 more days to return unit. When works its great, quality very good. One more thing repeat button doesn't work. Any advise?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which stick do you use ?
keracz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used 4 different sticks 256mb, 1gb (came with device), 2gb and 8gb. All formated fat32. All seems to work fine. The issue is with device and starting the ignition and engine. When I get the device finally to play it plays no problem. As soon as I turn off the engine and turn on again I replicate the problem. Most of the time it just freezes.To fix this I have to turn off the radio and reinserting usb stick. Sometimes the HU stop recognizing grom usb and to fix this I remove radio fuse.
alpine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keracz wrote:
Most of the time it just freezes.To fix this I have to turn off the radio and reinserting usb stick. Sometimes the HU stop recognizing grom usb and to fix this I remove radio fuse.

My mark one unit in my GS has done this since new and no firmware updates have been released since February.
The problem appears to be related to the fact that the GROM is never turned off so a proper hard reset cannot be performed if there is a problem. Even after the car has been left with the ignition off for 30mins+, a USB stick, when inserted, still flashes several times so there is still power to the system. On my MkIII GS, pulling both the 30 Amp audio fuses and the 7.5 TV fuse under the console still doesn't power the Grom off.
It would be a nice unit if it performed reliably.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should not be a case. What car is that ?
The longest time device feeds USB stick with power after ignition off is 1 minute.
alpine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
It should not be a case. What car is that ?
The longest time device feeds USB stick with power after ignition off is 1 minute.

As I mentioned, the usb stick led flashes 3 or 4 times each time it is inserted, no matter how long the car is powered off from the ignition switch.
It's a Nov 2008 GS300 with ML MFD. (UK version, maybe the wiring harnesses are different or the car's own control firmware is set up differently if it doesn't happen to US ones?) I can check out the volts on the connector if you can tell me which pins should be your +Ve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: