InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Grom and Chrysler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnnance3

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Problem with Grom and Chrysler Reply with quote

Bought two of The Grom Iphone interfaces. One for my truck, One for my car. 6 Weeks ago My car went in the shop having "no bus" problems, security isssues etc. My car has now been in the shop for 6 weeks with no solutions yet. After replacing several modules, they have gotten the problem under control to the point where they have identified that the bus is dropping out for 1ms causing the security system to indicate a security fault. The next time the car starts the security system shuts it down. The problem occurs randomly.

About a month ago My dodge 1500 truck started having "NO BUS" indications causing me to spend $1000 to replace the instrument cluster which the dealer said had failed. Saturday The "no Bus" reappeared in my truck. On a hunch I removed the Grom interface from the radio and the problem cleared.

Based on the truck experience saturday I am wondering if anyone has any other info on cases where the Grom Iphone interface has shown an issue with the Chrysler bus.
mnnance3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: update - Reply with quote

The car is back from the dealer after 6 weeks. They really had no solutions. The best that the could determine was that something was jamming the normal bus communications. They said that the best way to clear the problem was to remove the negative terminal from the battery to reset all the on-board electronics. The vehicle has failed to start and run or has "no bus" indications on the instrument cluster 4 times in the last 9 days.

The 3rd time it happened I decided to disconnect the Ipod interface from the back of the radio. This resulted in the problem being cleared. after driving my car home, I reattached the interface. yesterday was the 4th failure and I recovered from it the same way, pull the interface off of the radio.. It may be a coincidence But Its safe to say I will not be re-attaching the interface back to my radio anytime soon.

Indashpc folks say they have no reports of anything similar. They forwarded it to grom who are yet to reply...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: