InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Car2PC "plugin" for Music Player Dæmon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwmw2a

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Car2PC "plugin" for Music Player Dæmon Reply with quote

The Music Player Dæmon (mpd) is a server which simply runs in the background and plays music. You control it by connecting to it with various client programs over the network (on Linux, Windows and other operating systems).

I wrote a plugin to control it using the Car2PC: http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Client:Mpc-Car2PC

The beauty of mpd is that you can connect clients from various places simultaneously. The PC in my car is headless and of course the head unit doesn't let me browse my entire music collection -- it's limited to 6 'discs' which are pre-saved playlists. But I can edit those playlists using a more capable client on my laptop, or on my Nokia N800, or even on my mobile phone as shown in the attached photo. When the active playlist is changed by another client, the mpc-car2pc client will automatically save it as the currently active "disc".

I was able to install this in my car with minimal disturbance -- all I had to do was fit the Car2PC and run its USB and audio cable to underneath the passenger seat, where I fixed a Pico-ITX PC.

The phone is driving MPD through the Remuco client, which works on most JavaME-capable mobile phones (not just Symbian).

cimg2706.jpg
 Description:
Controlling MPD from Audi Symphony II and Nokia E71
 Filesize:  185.43 KB
 Viewed:  8614 Time(s)

cimg2706.jpg

joshuaauger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: MPD Reply with quote

I have MPD installed on osx 10.6 through homebrew and was using it with theremin, i was hoping to use your input device with my car2pc, but do not know how to install it. Could you help me get the makefile working for OSX?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software -> Plugins All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: