InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mazda aux line and Car2PC adapter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NW64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Mazda aux line and Car2PC adapter Reply with quote

First post Very Happy

I own a 2007 Mazdaspeed3 and I got the Car2PC-Maz adapter. I finally managed to find instructions to take the HU out and to my surprise, the plug that the adapter was supposed to go in was taken up by an existing wire. I thought it was maybe for a trunk mounted Cd-changer, so I unplugged it and plugged in the Car2PC. The only other plug was a different format on the bottom side of the HU. Anyway, installed all the software and sure enough the adapter works. Unfortunatelly, now when I click the "media" button on my HU, it doesn't switch to the AUX mode and the AUX input in the handrest doesn't do anything.

Turns out the cable I had to unplug went to the AUX input, which I really need. I pinned out the cable that wene to the HU from the car and pins 1,2,3,4, and 7 were the only ones taken. 2 and 3 are wired to the left and right channels.

First off, am I an idiot and didn't find the right plug on the HU? If this is by design, I really wish it would have been mentioned in the documentation or the website... Second, is there an adapter that I'm missing so I can have my AUX line working again with the Car2PC adapter? Does anyone have the pinout for that cable (I think it's 16 pin) so that I can maybe make my own adapter?

I tried to pinout the Car2PC adapter to see if it also uses pins 2 and 3 for the left and right audio channels, but my meter shows no continuity. I emailed the support person previously if the adapter has a differential amp to keep me from having to use a ground loop isolator and got no answer.

I want to put the dash back together before monday, any help is always appreciated!!!
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually Mazda do not use external port but recently they start adding Sirius and AUX so it can be occupied.
We will get Y cables in couple of weeks which will help to get rid of the problem.
Pinout for the cable attached below:

mazda cdc.GIF
 Description:
Mazda CDC port cable. View from the mating side
 Filesize:  4.46 KB
 Viewed:  38021 Time(s)

mazda cdc.GIF

NW64

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if this cable will be extra or will it be shipped out to people who have this problem? i.e. new mazda users. I appreciate the pinout info, do you know what pin 15 is? Also, what does SG stand for? (signal?)
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y cable will be extra. For those who already have problem connecting our devices it will be for less than $8.
I'm not sure what pin 15 is for Sad
SG is a Sound Ground
NW64

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Availability of Y adapter Reply with quote

6 weeks later Smile

I see that a Y adapter is now available for Honda. Can anyone please let me know when the Mazda cable will be done? I cannot proceed with my installation...
NW64

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: This is getting to be ridiculous... Reply with quote

I know getting connectors can be a pain, but it's February... still nothing.

I think I just blew $70...
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not have yet Y cables. Sorry for that.
If you need a pinout for Mazda connector I can post it here so you can solder the wires if you need.
NW64

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Pinout for Mazda Y cable Reply with quote

I'd appreciate the pinout!!! Just one question, do both audio streams (from the AUX line and the CAR2PC adapter) go to the same two lines? If so, is there some built in electronics in the AUX line end that will act as a multiplexer?

I couldn't measure a direct connection between the CAR2PC adapter and the cable for the HU, but I did find that the left and right lines went directly from the existing cable to the AUX adapter in the handrest.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the same audio lines are used for all devices.
Our device put the audio in high impedance mode so the audio from another device can pass through.
NW64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Multiplexing function Reply with quote

I figured as much (HiZ on CAR2PC adapter), but the AUX connector output from the handrest seems to have skipped that important feature... I hope I'm wrong (is this issue keeping the Y cable from showing up for purchase?).

Would be easier if you guys had built the adapter to hook up is series and switch the signal. Would have saved you from doing the Y cable and saved you a connector in the long run.
NW64

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: 4 weeks later Reply with quote

Still no Y cable... or explanation as to wiring to get around this problem, I'm surprised you guys stay in business.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not expect Y cables yet. The pinout for Mazda connector is shown in post #2 in this thread. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
mlke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, basically i can splice my sirius cable and have both car2pc and sirius running at the same time?

also, when the Y-cables come out, i would like to get one, so i would need aq new grom cable, going from the car2pc box to the HU
mlke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went ahead and did that anyway.

somethings not right though.

the grom box works fine 100% as far as i can tell, but when i switch to the satellite radio, the pc audio is still going through the head unit, and the volume on the sirius is about 90 % quieter, plus distorted.
when i unhook the cable from the grom box, the sirius starts working 100%

any way to fix this?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you get the Car2PC device ? You may need firmware update which will fix the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: