InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JVC J-Link products/protocol?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: JVC J-Link products/protocol? Reply with quote

I'm having a real hard time finding much useful info on it. Not even sure it belongs here, is this a car protocol only forum?

I have a JVC KD-HDW10 HD radio which features 1 JVC J-Link connector on the back, I already bought a JVC KS-PD100 ipod integrator (uses J-Link) and I'm thinking of getting a JVC CHX-1500 J-Link enabled CD changer for my trunk. From what I gather the interface supports daisy chaining I don't think either device has a J-Link output.

I've been looking around and I don't see any spliters which makes me think the protocol didnt plan for that. I wonder if one could be made with a switch of sorts to switch between the ipod adapter and cd changer.

Thoughts?
iamalittlepepper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure these buses can only support 2 devices. You can certainly make a switch but I think it will make the devices very confused.
JDub

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what if I made it an all or nothing switch that simply allowed the electrical connection between either device A OR B?

then as long as the protocol supported hotplugging... dammit where can I find stuff like this out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Protocols All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: