InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IS300 grom audio iPod control issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aforeman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: IS300 grom audio iPod control issue Reply with quote

Hello

I recently purchased a grom audio adapter for my 2002 Lexus IS300 from you guys. It has worked wonderfully with my iPhone until today. I am still able to get it to charge and output the music through the grom adapter. However I am unable to control the iPhone using the cars radio. Changing tracks as well as any other function through the radio has no effect on the iPhone. I also tried an iPod nano on the grom adapter with the same result. Both the iPhone and iPod also have the newest firmwares available currently.

Please advise, any help would be helpful.

-Andrew Foreman

My invoice number is 4307 for this units order.

Last edited by aforeman on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
aforeman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
I did some further diagnosing to the grom ipod unit trying some things other users recommended on other forums and here. I tried connecting the iphone or ipod before turning the car on, starting a song on the iphone or ipod before connecting, turning the car on and off once, disconnecting the battery for a few min to reset things. All of these attempts resulted in no change in the ability to control the ipod or iphone via the stock lexus headunit when connected through the grom ipod unit.

From what I've been seeing this could be a problem with the board in the grom audio ipod unit... does this need replacing?

Please advise,

thanks,
Andrew Foreman
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me if pressing track advance on a stereo advances it on display ?
aforeman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does advance the track on the radio screen on disc one but not any other disc. Obviously this also has no affect on the iPod.

I also am now experiencing a high pitched screech as soon as I plug the iPod or iPhone in irregardless of if a song is playing. Also on the iPhone turning on airplane mode has no affect on this.

Andrew
aforeman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I pulled the dash apart to double check connections, everything seems to be connected properly and securely.

Please advise if you have any idea what i should do...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: