InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappointment with GROM iPod Integration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamadjs08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Disappointment with GROM iPod Integration Reply with quote

Hello, I recently bought a GROM iPod adapter for my 2002 Lexus IS300. I had read great reviews and it seemed like a great product. But I have had some issues and for the price of the GROM adapter, I would expect a flawless product.

It does not always work as it is supposed to, you are supposed to switch to the second CD mode by hitting the "CD" button twice, while it works sometimes, other times it does not and requires me to turn my car on and off a couple of times before it will work. It is connected fine because when it doesn't work it shows that it is still charging, it just won't switch to the second CD mode and play the iPod. Any ideas on whats up? I'm registered on an IS300 forum and there are a few other members having this issue...

Also, with certain songs I get some static and its a bit annoying as that is why I bought this adapter (direct hookup instead of poor quality FM transmitter or tape). I have wondered if it is possibly my iPod or mp3? I'm going to burn the same songs onto CD and see if the static is still there.

So I'm debating on whether to return my GROM adapter because of these issues...

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you get this adapter ?
There were some issues with earlier IS makes which were fixed.
You need to request support here:
http://gromaudio.com/support.html
They will send the latest firmware which will fix the issues you mentioned.
yamadjs08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the adapter a few days ago, so the firmware should be up to date. I sent in my complaint and questions on the technical support page. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: