InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DirectFB development

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dupa2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: DirectFB development Reply with quote

As soon as PyCar distro got released, I decided to follow the idea and build small diredtfb environment similar to what was done with PyCar, but without python.
I managed to build gtk port for directfb, and it worked, but later on accidentally I used that development hard drive for something else, and all the sources are gone. Although I didn't rebuild it, I still think it is great way to build quick and easy car pc platform. I see that lot of forum members use pymedia libs, but I was thinking of rather native (C) environment, and also wine emulation so we can eventually use some win32 apps. Did anybody try to use XdirectFB libs before?

Jbors, is there any chance you can share some of your experience using directfb ports?
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZERS

Last edited by dupa2 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can share of course. What in particular you're looking for ?
dupa2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in your kernel2.6 config for epia boards, if you have one. I'm thinking of all the drivers compiled into the kernel (I want to play with linuxbios later on), and also, did you try that rootless X server for directfb? How well does it work?

I also liked your front end. It's very clean and elegant. How is it generated? Do you have any kind of config file parser, or it's rather part of pymedia?
I have absolutely no experience with python besides ability to understand some code, so I'd rather stay away. Do you know any other engine that would be C++ based to work similar to what you have in pycar (frontend)?

Thanks
________
Mexico City Hotels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: