InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Subaru Wiring Harness?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishgills

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Subaru Wiring Harness? Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

So I come from a PC building background. The whole Carputer side of things doesn't bother me, makes sense.

But the question I have when doing an in-dash PC is the wiring of the audio to the car's speakers?

After market in-dash radios, you usually have to get some sort of wiring harness adapter to go from the car manufacturers wiring plug to the stereo...

But if the PC has left/right RCA and the car has one of those damn wiring harnesses... how does it work? Especially when the wiring harness has in it left front, right front, left rear, right rear, etc... wires.

Am I missing something? I see many people use a car2pc adapter... does that go from the carputer's USB port to... what? Especially if the head unit is being replaced with a carputer (I understand many people leave the headunit in and use bluetooth/AUX to get audio but I want to replace my head unit).

Any advice or links to stuff to read to get started with this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: