InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Adapter issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There no longer appear to be any downloads for the USB adaptor on the GROM site, nor any reference whatsoever to it.
Are the update files for the USB2 device now compatible with the original device?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have plastic box then yes, they been discontinued.
All metal boxes are compatible with downloads from this page:
http://gromaudio.com/software.html
Dutchie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
We fixed another small issue that may cause the unit to be stuck:
http://gromaudio.com/downloads/firmware/gromusb2_toy_39.hex

Well, this one did it for me. Finally I can use other USB-sticks (8 Gb) which didn't work before.

alpine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
If you have plastic box then yes, they been discontinued.

So the box is less than 2 years old, has never worked properly and is no longer to be updated. Buyer Beware.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using V41 on my Lexus and the 834 box... still results in sometimes not playing USB audio (may be starting up for some reason out of USB mode, though I always forget to try to manually change it back when this happens and give up and go to the radio).

Last time I was in the car, I changed USB sticks, it played fine. Stopped the car, next two times I started it the GROM CD2 device was missing from my stereo completely. Removing and reinserting a different stick causes it to blink a couple of times and then no light.

I'm not sure if it's bricked again requiring me to open my car up yet again to disconnect the harness and reset it (getting very tiring).

1) I'd like it to stop disappearing randomly from the stereo!
2) I'd like a configuration option to completely disable the inputs that aren't being used, for example, to only have the USB enabled so that it never randomly boots into ipod or aux (if indeed that's what's happening randomly sometimes).
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not get the grom box to show up on my stereo at all, even after letting it rest for a whole day without starting the car.

I had no choice but to open the car interior panels up again to disconnect the box. After I reconnected it, everything was working fine again.

This thing badly needs a way to get itself out of whatever condition it gets in that needs to be disconnected from the harness. It's like it gets into an infinite loop and just totally disregards the regular initialization.

Again, all I did to get it stuck in this position was change usb sticks (at the time of the change the music played fine), turn off the car, and then later turn the car back on again... and GROM was dead.

I have probably had to take the interior apart of my car a dozen times due to GROM by now.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I just wanted to come back and say that since the V44 TOY update, the USB2 device seems to be working much better. I know, every time I say that it eventually starts to lock up again, but it has been promising.

Whatever you did in that version, please don't break it again. I am going to avoid installing any further firmware updates unless I start having problems again.

Assuming it continues to work correctly, thank you! It took a long time but hopefully this is it.

Can I ask what changed in that version that may have attributed to it working better on ignition?

Well, first problem occurred - of course after I sent this message saying it's fine.

Car started up, grom started and seemed confused... was on CD2, appearing to be on a disc/track but not playing. Changing discs/tracks didn't work. Eventually, it stopped wanting to change discs/tracks and got stuck.

Doing the dance to change "modes" a few times, to ipod then aux, and again to usb, made it start playing again.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Device still randomly starts up outside of the last mode it was in when starting the car. It has not permanantly locked up for a while (thank you for this much, at least!), but it does require every few startups that I manually change grom "modes" to make it announce USB before it will start playing anything using the FM/CD toggle trick.

Please make the device remember what mode it should be in if that's the problem.
winampdevil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: v51 - mp3-tags displayed Reply with quote

congratulations!
with fw toyota v51 my avensis car-stereo didn't crashed anymore when displaying disc- & tracknames!
So i'm hoping, that the last bugs will be fixed in the near future.

I found the following:

- after playing a title and starting a new one, the new mp3-tag will not be displayed. still displays the old one.
- going manually to the next title, title will be read and displayed (sometimes the display is clear)
- going manually to the previous title, the old title will be displayed.
- switching the display from text to title-no (or time) and switching back to text, text will be displayed.

greets
frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: