InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

getMetaData returning bogus information?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorrit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: getMetaData returning bogus information? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm trying to use pymedia to play my mp3 files. It works great (they play with good quality) however I have a problem with getMetaData(). Here is the code I use:

self.player.startPlayback(open(file,'rb'),file.split('.')[-1].lower())
time.sleep(3)
print self.player.getMetaData()
sys.stdout.flush()

This causes the sound to play (which it does fine) and then I wait 3 seconds to ensure the metadata is ready. But it prints out as:

{'album': '\xff\xfeN', 'title': '\xff\xfeB', 'track': '\xff\xfe1', 'artist': '\xff\xfeK', 'year': '\xff\xfe1', 'genre': '\xff\xfeV'}

It doesn't help if I use other mp3 files. Players like winamp can correctly get this information out of the mp3's so I think the mp3 itself is fine.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get useful information (like tags and so on) out of an mp3 file?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: