InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honda protocol (resolve my confusion - please)...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
st2000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Honda protocol (resolve my confusion - please)... Reply with quote

Hi...

I thought MBus was a Mercedes protocol. And Panasonic / Matsushita was the Mercedes radio's OEM.

So I asked the Honda's part guy and he said the 2007 Honda radios were made my Matsushita (aka Panasonic).

So, does Honda use the MBus protocol as well?

To make matters more confusing. I read somewhere that Panasonic and Alpine shared the same protocol.

Errrghhhhh.... anyone know what protocol the Honda radios use and where I might be able to find it?

...thanks
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newer Honda use IEBus from Pioneer
st2000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
Newer Honda use IEBus from Pioneer

What?
But, but... it's suppose to be a Matsushita (Panasonic) radio (according to the parts guy at Honda). I am sure you are right - but - well - so - what you are saying is that my 2007 Honda Odyssey EX head unit with a integral 6 CD changer (XM ready) radio is a Panasonic that uses the Pioneer protocol to talk to things like the XM radio...?

--------
Added later:

Well IEBus opened up the flood gates. The IEBus or Inter Equipment Bus looks like a Nippon Electric Corp concept which car makers picked up on and have given their own names to. Basically, its a differential pair half duplex serial communication link that can have multiple devices on the same bus. So, is there an NEC µPD6708GT in the indashpc for Honda? Otherwise, how would you cope?

Next question: Evidently Honda calls theirs "GA-NET II" and Pioneer calls their's "IP-LAN". So are you saying that there isn't much difference between the two?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they pretty similar
angrycamel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: I'm working on an IEBus Project Reply with quote

I am working on an IEBus Module for my Acura TSX. I have posted tons of information about GA-Net II, as Honda calls their implementation of the IEBus. You can read about it on my site angrycamel dot com or you can checkout the wiki article I started at wikipedia dot org... just search for IEBus. Hope this helps some. Also check out the open source app at sourceforge called IEBus Studio, its designed to aid in the discovery of events on the bus then output a dll to act upon the events as they happen.

I should have a working touchscreen implementation soon. (I am making my stock touchscreen control my PC's mouse)
victor2001

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had capture the IE-bus data using the mcu,who need?
victor2001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor2001 wrote:
I had capture the IE-bus data using the mcu,who need?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Protocols All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: