InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB2 firmware will not load

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: USB2 firmware will not load Reply with quote

I just installed a grom-USB2 unit in my 05 Honda and it works fine... until I start the car. I just ordered the unit 3 weeks ago and would expect the latest firmware from Nov. 09 to be on it that says it fixes the cranking issue. I tried to apply the latest firmware anyways, but the USB stick light just lights up steady and nothing happens. I even tried unplugging and re=plugging in the harness with the firmware stick in place. No diff.
Anyone else have this problem? I have to unplug the USB stick and plug it back in every time I start the car. Very annoying!

Delron
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to use this firmware:
http://gromaudio.com/downloads/firmware/gromusb2_hon1_20.hex
Here are the instructions on how to upload:
http://gromaudio.com/software.html
Let me know if you still have issues
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this happens on Hondas too?

Still waiting for a build of firmware that solves this for good on my Lexus as well.
siva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Delron,

I have the same issue with my Accord 03 and the _20.hex firmware does not seem to fix this issue.

BTW i have a thread running on it
/vbullettin/viewtopic.php?t=1324&highlight=usb

This seems to happen every time i start the engine !!! To get it playing i have to unplug, plug, change to CD and then to CD-C.

Once i get the USB playing, i can turn of the audio and car, restart the audio and it starts playing from the last left file but once i start the engine it resets to disk 1 track 1.

What causes it to reset on engine restart!!!

One more issue -
Once the adapter was not recognized by the radio i.e i could not change to CD-C, i had to restart the car

Grom should come up with a way to indicate firmware installation, why don't they just rename the file or delete it.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will look into it.
Did you try another stick ?
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another symptom with the TOY30 firmware. The problem of it not starting up sometimes persists (and sometimes not finding CD2 also), but I've also noticed sometimes the car starts up and I get the message on the display AUDIO OFF and I need to manually turn the stereo on. Seems that sometimes GROM screws up the bus enough that the car gives up on starting the whole stereo.

Also I noticed that usually if GROM has problems, turning off the car and cranking again it works OK as long as it was turned off recently. It seems that the problem has something to do with the grom unit waking from the sleep state, since cranking the car soon after turning it off seems to work... the device is already awake and ready.

Is there anything that can be done to make the device wake up faster or something? The more firmwares that come out that promise to address the issue and fail the more that I fear the problem is hardware related and no firmware can solve it. If this is the case, what can we do to make it work for us?
Vishnu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't install 30 TOY. USB from GROMAUDIO 256Mb. FAT.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken to installing new firmwares (I have installed quite a few recently trying to fix my problems) with this procedure on my GS.

Start the car with accessories only (no engine), with no USB connected. Then connect the USB stick with new firmware, wait 1 second or so while it blinks, then wait another 5-10 seconds for my own satisfaction that it's done. Remove stick. Turn ignition off. Put another stick with no firmware and just music, then start the car. It seems to work every time.

Previously when trying to upgrade firmware with the firmware usb connected and then starting the engine, the unit got bricked once.

Try doing it this way. You said it can't update, how do you know it's not updating? Does the grom still "work" (you can still see the extra CD changer device?)? I think for V30 firmware you should see Track 50 displayed when there is no USB stick inserted.
Vishnu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Start the car with accessories only (no engine), with no USB connected. Then connect the USB stick with new firmware, wait 1 second or so while it blinks, then wait another 5-10 seconds for my own satisfaction that it's done. Remove stick. Turn ignition off. Put another stick with no firmware and just music, then start the car. It seems to work every time.

Thanks, I'll try this method.

Quote:
You said it can't update, how do you know it's not updating? Does the grom still "work" (you can still see the extra CD changer device?)? I think for V30 firmware you should see Track 50 displayed when there is no USB stick inserted.

After I inserted USB stick whith firmware, USB LED blinked of about five minutes (much longer than previous versions). But version remains unchanged - 25 (45 by display).

siva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you try another stick ?

i was able to test with another USB stick(2 GB) and everything seems to work fine Very Happy, the adapter started playing from the last left file after every restart of the car.
Vishnu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FW was installed only from 2GB USB flash card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: