InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's up with USB2 TOY firmware page?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: What's up with USB2 TOY firmware page? Reply with quote

I've noticed that Version 26, and now Versions 27 and Version 28 are available for download, but the firmware page still lists Version 25 as the latest available so there is no indication about what changes and fixes are in these other firmwares.

I have avoided applying any of them for this reason, I can only assume that you guys are still finding problems with the new firmwares and hopefully are trying to release something that solves our troubles.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are new versions in place and we ask people to test it before going into release.
Here is the changelog:
27 is a special build for AD* stereos
28 is a build with small enhancements like SCAN for folders (+-10)
There will be version 29 pretty soon with USB recognition improvements, text, WMA tags and others.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. I still haven't heard from support regarding my cranking problems, but it sounds like I can look forward to some improvement here with version 29 that you mentioned?

I have had better luck with a 16GB Sony Microvault than I did with the USB drive that came with the GROM. That thing doesn't work at all - freezes the GROM when cranking every single time so it was pretty useless for me.

I have been afraid to disconnect my USB stick and change it's contents for fear that the fact that it's working better is a fluke and will go back to not working again after. Neutral On occasion, even with the sony stick, the GROM device is not recognized at all and my head unit reverts back to CD1 and can't see CD2 at all until I turn off the car and turn it back on. It's very disappointing so far but I'm still holding out hope that you guys can fix it for me even if that means having to send me a new revision of the hardware down the line.

Please keep us posted here when a version goes up that has improved startup/recognition. When you say soon, how soon approximately will this be available? Thanks.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. Cranking with some USB sticks is the next big improvements we're doing now. Hopefully version 29 will be out mid next week as new version works well. If you wish I can post something for you tomorrow though.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer to get it a bit early.

If it's only a matter of waiting a week before it officially goes up, I'm fine with waiting for it to be fully tested before I experiment with it as the last thing I need is to have to open up my center console for a third time in case something goes wrong.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the new V29 firmware and at first everything seemed to be working better, until this morning.

I started the car this morning and had no music. I checked my audio display, and it showed that CD2 was active but the DISC1 CD selection display was flashing rapidly and the track # was flashing rapidly. I tried to disconnect the USB drive, it didn't make any difference, I connected it again and no difference. I had to turn the stereo off and then back on again, and then the music played from GROM. I had never encountered this rapid flashing before... it looks like there is still some bug in this V29 firmware.
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things seemed to have gotten worse now. The stick with V25 which almost always started up okay, and seemed to be okay at first with V29, now doesn't start up when the car is cranked a lot of the time. Sad

I thought this was fixed, but it looks like it's still broken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: