InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2000 Lexus RX300 Radio does not recognize GROM USB adapter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruartur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: 2000 Lexus RX300 Radio does not recognize GROM USB adapter Reply with quote

Hi, I have a grom usb adapter which I tried to connect to 2000 Lexus RX300. I bought it under ebay name xarkovgirl21. I have been in contact with support but the response is very slow. Can you please help figure out why the radio does not recognize the adapter. I have updated with version 14. Thank you.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got some incompatibilities with RX300.
Some work some don't. We cannot reproduce the issue since the issue is random Sad
Wish I can be more help
whitels

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: 2001 RX300: In the same boat! Reply with quote

I purchased a GROM USB/Ipod two weeks ago. The unit is not recognized when plugged in to the car harness. After fidgeting with it for hours, I discovered that it will be recognized under this situation: Plug in factory CD changer, play 1 CD, turn off ignition, disconnect factory CD changer and plug in GROM, turn on ignition and voila! you can now see and hear the GROM.

The only button that works is Track Up and Down. All the others don't work. Don't click on the FM or AM to listen to radio broadcast because you won't see the GROM again. You have to repeat the procedure of plugging in the factory CD changer for you to see the GROM unit. Even then, without going to FM, sometimes the GROM disappears after the ignition has been turned on/off several times and the only way to bring it back is to plug-in the factory CD changer momentarily.

I am in contact with GROM tech support and I was told that they are aware of the issue and will be purchasing a similar RX300 in couple of weeks and hope to have a positive result before the end of the month.

I also bought at the same time the same unit for my 2004 Toyota Prius. It works most of the time. On my Lexus and Prius units, when it works, the sound is incredible. The issues I have with the Prius unit are: Not reliable- sometimes the unit is there, sometimes it's not there-- I have to restart the car to see it, the DISC RNDM does not work (only RNDM works) but funny because you press the RNDM button and the DISC RNDM also comes on!
BinaryJay
Getting tough

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club of GROM not working reliably on Toyota/Lexus.

I have also been waiting for some kind of response from support for weeks now.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we work with several cars for now to fix compatibility issues. Hopefully RX300 is coming next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Car integration All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: