InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Device is randomly locking up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbassett74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Device is randomly locking up Reply with quote

Anyone else experience this problem? What could it be? It can happen during any song at any time. Most of the time switching to FM/AM and back to AUX fixes the problem, but sometimes I have to actually disconnect the cable from the device for it to reset. this is pretty annoying.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're loking at the issue and should have it fixed shortly
dbassett74

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also skipping like a broken record...
dbassett74

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to be patient but I'm running up against the 45 day period to file a dispute with PayPal, which will be Nov. 14. I appreciate you guys trying to resolve the issue and already providing me a partial refund and I'm willing to work with you, but due strictly to being able to protect myself in the event the issue is not resolved, I will need to open a dispute with PayPal on Monday of next week (11/10/2008) in order to get the dispute ball rolling to protect my interest.

I really hope you can resolve the problem soon and provide a flash update.

So what is wrong with the device? Is it only a problem with this car?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what Paypal has to do with it.
If you want to file the dispute, no need to do this, you can simply file RMA and get your money back. Since the problem you filed is hard to reproduce we need some time understanding what is the issue.
dbassett74

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what I was saying is that beyond the PayPal dispute mechanism, what is my assurance that I will receive my refund if in the end you can't fix the device? Also, don't I only have a 30 day warranty and that is technically up as of Nov 1st? I just want to be protected in the event you can't get the device working properly. I really don't want an RMA because I just want a working device.

Also, is this problem specific to this car? Have you actually been able to reproduce the problem at all?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot get such problems in the lab so we are waiting for the car to be available.
Since we did not have such issues with iPod devices I guess it may be something simple. But no idea yet.
dbassett74

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this problem is probably going to be very hard to produce. It is very random. I'm a software developer so I understand that in order to fix a problem, you need to reproduce it assuming some repeatable pattern. But in this case it is totally random. At first I thought maybe it's getting heated up while playing for a long time, but it has also locked up within 3 minutes of playing and it's a cool 75 degrees in the car at the time.

I'm using a 4 gig flash drive. I have about 2 gig worth of music in several folders (virtual disks). There are also some nested folders, which I think your device just flattens out or just ignores. The locking up and skipping can happen at any point in any song and it is not ever at the same location. So this is very baffling. Could it be some some sort of voltage issue? It can also happen if even the car is not moving, so you can rule out vibration from the car.

If it wasn't for the fact that I sometimes have to actually unplug the device from it's harness, I might be able to live with the problem if I could just remove and reinsert the flash disk or change mode on the system, but that is not always good enough. Again yesterday, I had to completely remove the harness on the device for it to reset. Since I will eventually have this device installed inside the dash, this is not practical.
dbassett74

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really too bad you guys didn't better test this before releasing it to the market as you cause me a great deal of inconvenience ripping out my dash in order to install this device that is defective. I have waited long enough but I have lost my patience. I have just requested an RMA from the Support page. Too bad, such a great idea for a product... if only it worked as claimed...
jaysastra04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im curious as to how your refund went?
$70 is alot of money, but once you convert it to australian dollars it works out well over au$100.
dbassett74

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received a prompt and full refund.
jaysastra04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: