InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"general Plugin" for nearly every Frontend (Car2pc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel K

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: "general Plugin" for nearly every Frontend (Car2pc Reply with quote

Hi,
I already posted my question in another thread: I want to run my RX-8 with the car2PC Adapter and the "Cave-Live" Frontend. I know it's difficult to get an Plugin for every Frontend on earth, but:

Most of the Frontends have a Setup Option for Keyboard Hotkeys...
So is it not possible to creat a small "Plugin" which "only" (I'm not able Wink ) generates an letter (same as an pressed letter on the keyboard)???

I already tried MWI, didn't work, and Girder is getting more and more expensive (without an guarantee that it will work).

Any hints are very usefull, I'm going crazy not getting the Steering-Wheel buttons work Wink

Thanks and regards,
Daniel
Nerve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a Centrafuse plugin I could possibly adapt it to work with Cave but you'll have to send me some info on this device and what SDK support it has.

Sorry didn't read your post properly. It maybe possible to have hotkey support but it does depend on how the Cave software reads key presses. But it should just be a Windows API call so may be possible.
Daniel K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

would be interesting, a plug in for the Cave-Live Wink
It's freeware, as you can see under: http://cave.devnull.in/forum/index.php?sid=ac49df9aac2b14ce223713e6323b183a

But you're right: In the config you are able to allocate a cavelive function to an simple "key" (that's what i ment with Hotkey)

THATS exactly what i'm locking for, sooooooo long.
Would be nice if you can help me out !!!!!!!!

Thanks,dan
Nerve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let me finish off the Centrafuse plugin then I'll have a look into it. Shouldn't be too difficult as they will be similar.
nationapn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Streetdeck? Reply with quote

Nerve, do you know if your Centrafuse plugin will be similar to what Streetdeck would require? I know Chuck (the creator of Streetdeck) from mp3car made a car2pc plugin (which I uploaded in this forum), but it only works in simulator mode, not with the actual hardware. Obviously, I am not code savvy, but I'm thinking there probably isn't much headway required to make his code actually work...? Thanks!
Nerve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again it depends whether Street Deck can receive Windows messages but yes, it's the same device and will be sending the same information through the com port.

As I said once the Centrafuse plugin is stable I'll look into creating a more generic solution that should make it easier for others to add to their favourite car software.

I'm not quite sure why the Car2PC does not have this already. It would open it up to a lot more people.
Daniel K

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Nerve,

absolutely with you! I really like the car2PC, great Hardware, works perfect, but the SW integration (if not using Mediaplayer / Winamp) is ....... Sad

I'm sorry but I'm not able to create any SW on my own, let me know if there is something else I can do Smile

Maybe the Powermate drivers help? (I think the "Send Key" Option from the Powermate Control is what we need)
Nerve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know Cave-live is a pretty small affair and their site seems to be all in german. I could implement an interface for it but I've no way to tell if it would be any use to you.

The Streetdeck one though is a little easier as their demo comes with an SDK.

I will investigate further.
Daniel K

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think if you go back to the root of the cave-live forum, there will be an english version if you scroll a little bit down...

I really think it's a great Frontend. AND: Like a few other applications you can configure the Frontend with Hotkeys, so the only thing we would need is a Driver which generates a "Press-key" (ASCII Format), like you would press a key on the keyboard.... the rest can be configured in the Frontend itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software -> Plugins All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: