InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Runner support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Road Runner support Reply with quote

Just wanted to post a little note to let you guys know that the latest Road Runner version has support for Car2PC adapters so you can use the disc buttons to switch between modes, Next/Prev to switch songs/stations/videos and seek through songs/videos. The commands can also be reprogrammed in the settings. I haven't yet been able to test it with the hardware itself (since mine is still not installed), so it would be great to get some confirmation of this working propperly. All the development was done based on the Emulator software provided, so it should work well.

In any case it's just one more option of software to use with the Car2PC adapters which are very convenient and simplify carputer integration..

Road Runner Download/Information is available at:
http://www.rrdownloads.net
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guino,
Nice thing !
I will try that this week and will post it on a web site as well. Will let you know if any problems.
clarkie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Car2PC unit , Ive found that it will controll winamp but I have to use the latest version 1.7 not 1.4

My question is is the latest version of the sortware (source) available as the Road Runner plugin doesnt work with my Car2PC unit ?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no difference in protocol for the unit so it should work fine in RR.
Did you uninstall plugin when tried to run under RR ?
clarkie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did unistall the plugin, why do you think that version 1.4 didnt work?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be because RR plugin looking for D2XX device and you installed Serial drivers ? Which drivers did you install ?
clarkie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted the Road Runner problem almost (Some problems with Road Runner constanly turning on and off random replay, could be my settings).

Still at least its communicating with the Head Unit.

The fix was to recompile the Guinos car2pc using the the latest libusbhu.lib (version 1.7).

I also compiled the hutest program which now also works with my unit, this also keeps printing out codes without any buttons being pressed. Is there some extra coding required for the latest car2pc units?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great.
As I mentioned the interface hasn't changed so it should be no extra work for latest units.
clarkie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I've found that my head unit continuosly sends the state of
PL0
FF0
FR0
SC0
MX0

Is this normal?
This is why with roadRunner REPEAT and RANDOM commands were toggling as roadrunner has toggle commands for these two commands.
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in older firmware it was done this way. Now those states ( RP, MX etc ) reported only upon change. But PL is still there. It is strange that RR is toggling flags. It was developed using the old firmware so it should be working fine with yours.
If you have a source for car2pc plugin you may need to make a simple check to prevent toggle to happen.
clarkie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older firmware, do you mean the head unit or the car2pc device.I only purchased the car2pc unit from carft in January 2007?
durwood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
May be because RR plugin looking for D2XX device and you installed Serial drivers ? Which drivers did you install ?

Does it matter which drivers? I pointed Windows to the folder with the disc I got with my adapter. Is that the D2XX driver or is it the serial driver? Could this be why RR isn't working with my adapter?

Clarkie did you get yours to work? Do you have a new car2pc.exe after recomiling? I don't have anything to do this.
durwood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkie wrote:
Sorted the Road Runner problem almost (Some problems with Road Runner constanly turning on and off random replay, could be my settings).

Still at least its communicating with the Head Unit.

The fix was to recompile the Guinos car2pc using the the latest libusbhu.lib (version 1.7).

I also compiled the hutest program which now also works with my unit, this also keeps printing out codes without any buttons being pressed. Is there some extra coding required for the latest car2pc units?

Could someone please recompile the car2pc as clarkie has done and post it here? I am not familiar with this. Here is Guinos car2pc source that needs to be recompiled as Clarkei stated.

Car2PC Source.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Car2PC Source.zip
 Filesize:  69.21 KB
 Downloaded:  2090 Time(s)

custommx3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on the RR plugin?
jb33

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: RoadRunner trouble Reply with quote

Hi. I just got my Car2PC adapter for a Toyota Tacoma. I'm very enthusiastic but I have 3 problems. First: Grom_Console and the adapter are sending ad recieving commands from one another so that's good. But RoadRunner doesn't seem to correctly process the commands it's recieving from the Car2PC adapter.

I think when I checked the adapter version on grom_console it said 19. And I see in the past they've had to recomplie car2pc.exe against new releases. 17 was last mentioned. Can anyone help with a new version compiled against 19 (assuming I'm remembering that version number right.)

thanks,
jb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software -> Plugins All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: