InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DShow and VW / AUDI to Car PC adapter software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graeme2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: DShow and VW / AUDI to Car PC adapter software Reply with quote

I want to use the VW Car PC adaptor in a Golf with an Epia M10000 running Windows XP. I have my own media software on the PC, this plays audio by creating a DShow graph directly (using a graph builder), and is controlled via my phone over bluetooth at the moment.

I want to read the headunit controls if possible and write to the head unit display (its a dual din).

Are there any docs or examples to show what I will need to do to read/write this information from the car?

Also the audio does it go over the USB bus or do you run a separate audio out from the PC like i am now (i.e. no changes in my software for this).

Thanks in advance!
Graeme
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically getting data from Car2PC is just receiving/sending data from USB com port.
Here is the list of commands used and format of commands:
http://www.indashpc.org/vbullettin/viewtopic.php?t=103
graeme2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for the link. I'll order one tomorrow for the wife! Very Happy

Also any update on the optical M-BUS version for the new BMW 3 Series?

Thanks!
graeme2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: issue with button events from VW RCD300 Reply with quote

I've got a car2pc adapator in my wifes car now, audio sounds great but the button events back from the usb adaptor seem to be unbounced and very slow.... any ideas... heres some background:

I'm using my own media application which just basically uses DShow for the playback, no problems there, this is used in my BMW for the last 6 months on identical HW setup minus the car2pc adaptor.

I had a thread calling HU_GetEvent every 100ms to look for button presses, i see this maybe 2-3 times a second the following (or similar string being printed out in my debug):

PL
FF 0
FR 0
SC 0
MX 0
RP 0

Seems a little strange that the stereo is reporting this status even though nothing has changed.

Then when NT (next track) button is pressed i get the string "NT" back about 2-5 times over the space of 1-3 seconds. Of course this causes my software to jump between 2-5 tracks for one press

Even if i call ReceivePacket directly in a tight loop and parse for the 'N' and 'T' characters in the response i see the same, the button notifications are coming between 100-300ms for a couple of second (i.e. 2-5 responses per press).

I don't see how i can de-bounce this because of the slow latency in the notifications. Do i have incorrect firmware or drivers, what can i do?

(Also as a side question, pressing the FF on the stereo can sometimes mute the volume, pressing it a few times again or turning off and on the stereo unmutes the volume, any ideas why? I can verify this by not processing any button presses, the radio just seems to be muting for some reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: