InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PyCar opensource frontend v1.2.3.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: PyCar opensource frontend v1.2.3.0 Reply with quote

PyCar is an open source framework for making simple media centers.
Here are the screenshots for you to see what it can.
It works the same way on Linux, Windows and other platforms( even NetBSD ).

Feel free to visit PyCar web page and leave the feedback here or post the bugs found.
Connyb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Really nice... Reply with quote

Very Happy

Good work, i'll try too build one also....

barb3tta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!

I tried the iso of pycar1.0, unfortunately it doesn't work very well: no TouchScreen loaded and [autocensored]
Hope this problems are solved in this version (at least the TS problem)... Wink

Is there a prebuilt iso image or a coockbook for doing it?

thanks a lot!

EDIT: I've tried the last win32 version... I'll send you the italian translation Wink
Can I replace the pycar.tar.gz file in the pycar 1.0 iso without any problem?

bye!
bsidhi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: pycar-1.2.3.0-pre2-src.tgz missing files? Reply with quote

Looks like the tar file for UNIX is missing a bunch of files (notably the skin files). Is Windows your emphasis at this point in time? If I want to contribute to this project, will I be able to track your progress with the UNIX version or will I have to hack up some sort of cygwin setup?
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: pycar-1.2.3.0-pre2-src.tgz missing files? Reply with quote

bsidhi wrote:
Looks like the tar file for UNIX is missing a bunch of files (notably the skin files). Is Windows your emphasis at this point in time? If I want to contribute to this project, will I be able to track your progress with the UNIX version or will I have to hack up some sort of cygwin setup?

You should take linux tarball and then get another tarball with skin files and just place it to skins directory.
My current goal is Linux. I'm about to release the full featured Linux distro, but just broke the video playing functionality and have to fix it real quick.
Let me know if you want anything else from me. I'm pretty open to any help or even advice.
bsidhi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: pycar-1.2.3.0-pre2-src.tgz missing files? Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
My current goal is Linux. I'm about to release the full featured Linux distro, but just broke the video playing functionality and have to fix it real quick.
Let me know if you want anything else from me. I'm pretty open to any help or even advice.

I think that, as it is, the pycar site on sourceforge doesn't have a 'working' Linux package besides the older 1.0 ISO image (and that one reboots on nehemiah cores). The additional skin file you mention is 1024x756 or some odd resolution, not 800x600, so it's not really equivalent. I think that, if you want others to be able to gauge progress in this project, you ought to take a break and make a "snapshot" to make it possible to duplicate your current setup.

I had been sidetracked recently. I started on the path of making a tiny PXE netboot image, with busybox, in a similar fashion that you use (in the ISO image). Since I don't have a car-based setup right now, I'm concentrating on the MII-10000 box in my bedroom instead. It used to run gentoo on the HD, but I'm now re-doing the setup so it boots from the PXE image and run cplay/etc. on it for now.

One thing that I'd like you to confirm is whether you have issues with wrong colors being displayed on CLE266 wtih dfb. You said I should get a patch, but I can't find out which patch is applicable. When that is fixed, I can get started again with df_xine ...
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to your words. I'm going to make release as stable and usable as I can do at this stage... Stay tuned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: