InDashPC.org Forum Index InDashPC.org
In Dash Car PC forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Plans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfahey22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Future Plans Reply with quote

I am currently running a CarPC in my car. I have a 900mhz Celeron, 256MB RAM, geforce video card, wireless internet, DVD-rw/cd-rw, fold out dash screen, sony headunit, only 12 gigs of space right now, I'm still in the testing phase. GPS also. I had this idea to hack into the CD changer bus and use it's codes to control the computer, either for people who had no screen or just to make navigation easier. I have found a couple sites where there are things like this going on. Your's seems to be the closest to what I am looking for. Other than not having a case yet it looks really solid and interfaces with the PC in an awesome way. My question is when if ever are you going to start working on SONY headunits ? I currently have a decent SONY head unit and would kill for a better way to get the sound into the unit. After I did my carPC I have already had a few requests for people that want them also. I think this could be a veryh profitable business. I would like for it to be clean and easy to use. I still have not played with linux, though it sounds like an excellent way to go. It boots faster than windows. smaller footprint, hopefully better performance. Also, was this very hard to do ? Is someone funding this besides you ? Did you use stqandard components to make the circuit board or is this manufactured? I'm sure many of these questions are anwered else where I apologize. It's very exciting to find this website though. Thanks for you answer.

Mike
Car+Computer Nut = CARPC
jbors
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need sony adapter, see here:
http://gnunilink.sourceforge.net/
As of boards, they are manufactured on a factory in small batches, that's why the price is high. If I can manage to get them in thousands the price would be very reasonable then Smile
Allan_84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbors wrote:
If you need sony adapter, see here:
http://gnunilink.sourceforge.net/
As of boards, they are manufactured on a factory in small batches, that's why the price is high. If I can manage to get them in thousands the price would be very reasonable then Smile

updates please? do you have any updates on the UniLink, dos it work now, on the sony headunit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    InDashPC.org Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: